Friday, January 05, 2007

Noro Kureyon part 3

This is the Kureyon I have been examining, #102. I measured my skein roughly using a fingertip to chest measure and then I would tie off to hold that spot. My length is approx 30" and I list by lengths in the order I found the colors.

So, 9 = 9*30=270" or 22.5 ft or 7.5 yds.

Kureyon is listed as having 109 yards per 50 g skein according to Yarndex. My rough measurement got me 94.6 yards, so I must have varied a bit in my fingertip to chest measurement, but not much.

If I use color alone as a criterion, I would try reproducing the feltable Kureyon with a feltable Romney. Elemental Affects has a great selection of color blends that would lend itself well to this application. They have the half mixed colors that make the wonderful transitions you see in this yarn.

orange 9
hot pink 9
light pink 9
magenta 9
orangey pink 10
orange yellow 9
peachy pink 9
lavender 9.5
blue/green/lavender/orange 7
salmon 8
orange 9
blue 10
blue pink 6
end of skein.

There was a knot at the beginning of the blue/green/lavender/orange mixed section, probably foreshortening that section.

No comments: